
to the political posters/ads/painting-collages. The portraits aren't exactly subtle, but they're not exactly obvious either (minus Obama's, which is Shep's one purposely biased portrait). As far as the war/capitalism propaganda art goes, well, on the one hand, it's kind of cool to have, say, some roses shooting out of guns (war/peace, desire for good/evil), and on the other hand...it's not really. I have a pretty limited response to something like that. Some of his stuff is more complicated though, and as annoying as it is to look at branding/propaganda art, probably my favorite thing was in a detail of Shep's (I guess I call him Shep now) blown-up version of a dollar bill: at the top in fine print, instead of "THIS NOTE IS LEGAL TENDER FOR ALL DEBTS, PUBLIC AND PRIVATE," Shep has something to the effect of "WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE WILLING TO GIVE IN ORDER TO GET IT." Agreed.

No comments:
Post a Comment