Friday, August 14, 2009

Am I the only one who hasn't read this article?


At least eight things written here are true. Not least of which is this: stop taking my working class street cred, hipsters! Ha. Really, though. These things weren't quite as meaningless before. Right?

Right??

Oh, I guess they were.


Still, I feel like something has been taken from me! What has been taken from me?? ...the possibility of an anti-conspicuous consumption fashion statement? ...the comforting distance created by class identifiers? You know that scene in Pretty in Pink where the rich girl says "nice pearls..." and that other one where Blaire asks Andy if she's going home to change before they go out and she says, uhhh, I already did? Maybe that's what's been taken from me. People think I'm you guys dressed like me dressed like a grandpa/farmer-gardener/seven-year-old soccer player! Terrible.

I guess I could always go shop at BCBG. Oh wait: no, no I can't.


$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2 comments: