Thursday, December 3, 2009

T.T.D.

1. Upload new ipod songs and charge ipod.
2. Eat actual non-coffee food.
3. Learn how to make non-cloudy coffee.
4. Buy $25 Amazon espresso machine.
5. Buy typewriter.
6. Buy kayak.
7. Attach typewriter to kayak.
8. Apply to more schools.
9. Make a budget?
10. Figure out bus schedules.
11. Find a place to live.
12. Fix computer- delete pictures- update new OS.
13. Pack/unpack/remove unpacked things from car.
14. Find non-oppressive small group.
15. Watch Birth of the Nation, movies by John Ford, movies by Bergman, Chaplin, Eisenstein, Fellini.
16. Steal Biscuit from family.
17. Clean the house.
18. Do laundry.

19. Stop posting pictures of your adorable dog everywhere.
20. Care about your blog.
21. Learn about more things you don't know about at all, and that don't come easy. (Turns out you learn more this way)
22. Find out about public lectures.
23. Eat vegetables.
24. Join Cornfield Desert Hiking group.
25. Return Nabokov, start reading Ulysses.

Okay, this is the shortest and most inconsequential t.d.l. of my life. I've traded sleeping in but always being on the clock for waking up early (maybe the thing I most hate) and freedom. And stress for pressure. It's a nice change of pace.  But I still get home from work every day and wonder where my homework is. And I totally feel guilty watching a movie without simultaneously catching up on emails and skimming articles. There's no rewards system set up. I don't say "okay, you can watch this movie because afterwards you'll read/write for four more hours." I keep pushing the play button and then stepping back and thinking "whoa, should I just sit on the couch now??" I don't actually need to be on my computer! So weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment